Garlic lives in limbo, that’s for sure. On one hand, it has so many health benefits and it adds such distinct flavor to food. On the other hand, it wreaks havoc on the mouth. This was a meal that demanded an after dinner mint for sure. Talk about garlic overload! We love us some garlic. It’s in almost everything. If it’s not a dessert, it probably has garlic. And not just one clove. It’s usually a minimum of three because that’s how we roll. This dish has much more than one clove or even three, and if you’re a bold soul–or if you’re spending at least 24 hours alone–toss in a bit more. We support that.
As we said, don’t make this for a hot date unless it’s a stay-at-home night with a longtime boo who will excuse the hot breath that will ensue. Apart from that, this garlic packed, creamy sauce is sure to satisfy anyone who can appreciate a hearty yet fairly basic chicken and pasta dish. Although we didn’t add any spice to this meal, a nice sprinkling of red pepper flakes would totally seal the deal.
Chicken and Penne Pasta in Garlic Rosemary Sauce – Serves 4
2 1/2 cups penne pasta
6 chicken breast tenders
1 1/2 cup frozen peas
6 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons rosemary, minced
2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
2 cups pasta water
1 bouillon cube, crushed
1/3 cup flour
1. Boil pasta according to box directions. Drain, saving 2 cups of the pasta water, and set aside. Add bouillon to water as it sits.
2. Drop a bit of olive oil in a skillet.
3. As oil heats, cover chicken in poultry seasoning. When oil is hot enough, add chicken and cook until juices run clear, approximately 2 minutes on each side. Set aside.
4. Immediately add a bit more olive oil, flour, garlic and rosemary and whisk until flour is crumbly. Drizzle in a tad bit more olive oil (no more than a teaspoon) if it seems too thick. Keep stirring.
5. Add water and peas. Keep whisking until smooth. Let cook over low heat until bubbly and thick.
6. Cut chicken into pieces and add chunks along with pasta into sauce. Toss to combine. Salt to taste.
Click HERE for the printable recipe.
Other recipes you may enjoy...
Ain’t Nothin’ Like the Real Thing Baby
Split The Pea
Peter’s Test Kitchen
Deryn’s Test Kitchen
There’s No Fear Here