How easy is it to pick out your favorite ingredient? If you had to pick just one, would you blurt it out quickly or would it take a few minutes to decide? Sometimes it feels like you’re shunning the rest of the cooking world’s little gems with just one word. That’s why we’re going to cheat and use one word that really encompasses several complimentary, yet unique ingredients–citrus. Just go to the search bar on this page, type in lemon, lime, orange or zest, and a million of our recipes should pop up. We love citrus fruits. The flavors are always so clean and fresh, they accentuate other ingredients, and they can add great color to a dish. There’s nothing better than popping it into a recipe for extra, yet subtle oomph. This is a very basic yogurt cake with a few tweaks shall we say. It is super moist and terribly delectable. We used a combination of lime yogurt, lemon zest and orange juice. Of course you could test several other permutations. If Bobby Brown could live by his own prerogative, then why not you? Here’s one more for the next BYOB round up!
Triple Citrus Cake – Serves 8 to 10
8 ounces lime yogurt
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup grapeseed oil
Zest of 2 lemons, minced
1 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons orange juice
1. Whisk flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. With an electric mixer, beat yogurt, eggs, sugar, vanilla, zest and oil until combined.
3. Switch to a spatula and fold in flour mixture until incorporated.
4. Coat a 9 x 5 loaf pan with floured baking spray (or use parchment paper coated with baking spray as well) and pour in batter. Smooth evenly. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
5. Allow cake to cool at least an hour. When cake is cool, move to a serving plate or cake platter. Mix powdered sugar with orange juice until smooth and drizzle the glaze over cake.
Click HERE for the printable recipe.
Other recipes you may enjoy...
Finding and Celebrating Purpose
How Do You Do Fondue?
Apricot Jam Pound Cake
Caramelized Peach Chess Pie
Let’s Go to the Isles